Most interesting facts of TurkeyBefore you read this,you need to prepare yourselves for the facts that the house of Santa Claus is not in North Pole or Amazon female warriors did not live in Amazon rainforests in South America.
Republic of Turkey is full of history and there are many facts that will surprise you when you start to read the article below. So here are some of them possibly you never knew.
- The Color "Turquoise" comes from the clean color of the see on the Aegean coasts in Turkey.
- The millenium stone at Sultanahmet Square in Istanbul was the zero meridian point of the world once upon a time.
- The Famous Trojan wars took place in Western Turkey Truva town.
- The First church built by men (St.Pete's Church) is in Antioch (Antakya) Turkey.
- The oldest known human settlement in Turkey is Catalhoyuk (7th millenium B.C.)
- Ephesus and Halicarnasus - two of the most famous places of the ancient world - both are in Turkey.
- St.Nicholas, a historical individual later developed into the figure of Santa Claus was born in Demre on Turkey's Mediterannean Coast.
- Noah's ark landen on mountain Ararat (Agri Dagi) in Eastern Turkey.
- Julius Caesar proclaimed his famous words,"veni,vidi,vici" (i came,i saw, i conquered) in North Anatolia when he defeated the Pontus, a formidable kingdom in the Black Sea region of Turkey.
- Virgin Mary's house where she spent her last days, situated on the top of Bulbuldag Ephesus, is concidered as holy place for all religions.
- Female warriors of Amazons were living in Anatolia according to historiographers.
- The world's greates amphora and glass collections are in Bodrum Museum in Bodrum castle.
-World famous Kaşıkçı diamond (86 karat) is displayed in Topkapi Palace and it was traded just for 3 wooden spoons.
- Turkey provides %80 of world's hazelnut need.
- The Turks were who introduced coffee to Europe.
- People answer the phone with "efendim" in Turkey which means "my master" instead of hello!
-It's actually Repuplic of Turkey,not Turkey.
-7 Churches of Apocalypse which are Ephesus, Smyrna (Izmir), Pergamum, Thyatira (Nazilli), Sardis, Philadelphia (Alasehir) and Laodicea, located in the Aegean part of Turkey.
Sharing is caring! If you think that most interesting facts of Turkey article is useful and it can help others,make sure you share it on Facebook,Google+and twitter by clicking the link badges in the beginning of the article, so the others can reach it on the huge space of internet.And comment below will be a good motivation for me to write more helpful articles.Thanks for the supports.